Saturday, November 12, 2011

TEAM Dyanmics


Thinking about the word team, I would like to think that there is a sense of honor when finding yourself a part of a goal. Whether the goal is minuscule or global, it is with the hard work and determination of the TEAM that accomplishes the goal. Even if a member of said team is not performing to the best of his/her abilities, the TEAM comes together to assess the problem, analyze the options available, and execute the strategy planned as efficiently as possible.

The problem that I have witnessed within the TEAM environment is when there is a attack on the efforts of the team there is a all out panic among the members. When threatened, it is most likely that all members will be looking for an exit strategy that will preserve themselves from the downfall. Also if the members feel that their positions are threatened, then they will do anything and everything to keep their heads above water... even drown his/her very own teammates.

What I'm looking for is a solution to the problem of the teammate drowning rat. How should I confront the situation? I've looked through my options in a professional manner. Sure, I can go to the "principal's office" and snitch out the rat and tarnish my own reputation among the team. Or, I could have a sit down session with the person in question with a neutral party. But my all time favorite is to approach the person in question with a 8 pound sledge hammer. Anger management class... been there done that! I just find the aggressive approach to be effective. But I'm only kidding, but I want this bad feeling inside me gone.

Here's the problem:

A while back while at work I was a invisible third party to a radio conversation. In my perspective, it just seems that the rat was implying that my performance was not up to par.

Since that conversation, I been avoiding any type of communication with the rat. I have told my supervisors, but the feeling of snitching came over me, so I avoiding revealing who the rat was. But in the back of my mind I really want to place this rat in a plastic bag and toss it over the overpass. Thanks for the inspiration, Lorena!

But the cynical side of me is trying to persuade me to bide my time and remain observant... waiting for the rat to corner itself in a compromising situation. But I cannot falter to the whims and ways of the rat. My honor will not allow me to go that path! So instead of festering in the puddle of my self-doubt, I think it will be best to be an adult and confront the rat head on! And thus my thought for the day:

"Leave a rat alive too long and you're bound to have an infestation"


No comments: